The Minister of Public Safety introduced Bill C-21 on May 30, 2022. This Bill makes Amendments to Section 84 of the Criminal Code which effectively prohibits airsoft and paintball guns. This will destroy a safe sport played by many people all across Canada. The Government of Canada should be introducing legislation that encourages safe recreational sports, not cripples them. If you agree, sign my petition below and help keep the government accountable.
- Amendments under Bill C-21 will effectively ban the manufacturing and sale of airsoft guns as well as cripple many small and medium sized businesses,
- This ban will restrict Canadians’ ability to partake in a well-loved sport,
- The ownership of paintball and airsoft guns does not present any significant risk to public safety, and they have been used safely in Canada for decades.
Therefore we, the undersigned citizens and residents of Canada, call upon the Government of Canada to:
- Ensure airsoft and paintball guns will be exempted from amendments made to Section 84 of the Criminal Code, and;
- Create legislation that legally recognizes airsoft and paintballs guns as sporting equipment.